If you’ve spent your lifetime admiring the works of National Geographic, and hoped to someday work with the people behind these exquisite documentaries? If you’ve got more than passion and are looking to get your work on the big screen; we’ve sure got news for you!
Crossing Borders is offering documentary professionals a chance to Guest Pitch at the Crossing Borders International Pitching Forum happening in Kuala Lumpur this 9 December 2017!
What is Crossing Borders about?
It’s a forum that serves as a platform for selected documentary professionals to rub shoulders and pitch their project to local, regional and international broadcasters as well as seasoned funders from across the globe. This year’s forum will be open to the public where keen documentary filmmakers and curious onlookers can observe the pitches. More information about the forum will be announced come October.
This year’s forum will be open to the public where keen documentary filmmakers and curious onlookers can observe the pitches. More information about the forum will be announced come October. Crossing Borders is looking for Malaysian documentary professionals from directors, producers, and writers who have experience in their domestic market but strive to work in the international field.
Crossing borders is looking for:
- All types of factual media, especially television series, creative documentaries, multi-platform projects
- Genre films, e.g. history, science, arts, wildlife, natural history, environment or human interest
- Great stories that need additional development before being pitched internationally
- Stories and characters that can reach global audiences
To submit an application, kindly send the following documents via email to:
- a 2-page presentation of the documentary project
- a financing plan and estimated completion date for the project
- director’s CV and/or producer’s CV
- a short profile of the production company (if applicable)
- a short self-presentation video stating your motivation to take part in the training
- a trailer and/or examples of previous work
The submission deadline is 5.00pm on Friday, 13 October 2017.
Crossing Borders 2017 is in partnership with FINAS – The National Film Development Corporation Malaysia (http://www.finas.gov.my/) and MyDocs – The Malaysian Documentary Association (http://mydocs.my/). Click here to get a better idea of other successfully pitched Crossing Borders projects.
For more information on Crossing Borders, check out the website at http://www.documentary-campus.com/trainingoffers/crossing-borders/.
For updates and more information on Crossing Borders International Pitching Forum, follow MyDocs Facebook page (www.facebook.com/mydocs.my).
So what’re you waiting for? Send in those proposals today!